Saturday, June 09, 2007

Felted Purses

I finally finished felting my first purse. This is what it turned out to look like.


Here is what I have been up to lately. Knitting and knitting. These felted purses are so much fun because you don't know what they will look like once you throw them in the washer with hot water. They are knitted out of wool and the hot water shrinks them down. Pretty cool.

This is the purse before felting...

and after. It turned out to be more of a bag than a purse. I have been using it to hold my latest knitting project.


This is the latest purse I have been working on.

4 Comments:

Martha said...

Very cool. I'm going to start knitting a tote bag for Emily when she goes to Kindergarten in the fall (for some reason, they aren't supposed to bring backpacks). I need to decide if I want to do a felted bag like I originally planned, or a log cabin-mitered square on.

Martha said...

Did you felt the rose on the bag, too? I'd love the pattern. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are the bag-meister!

Great to see you back online.

Marny

Anonymous said...

hey
my favorite bag is the green and brown one with the red flower

love always
amanda