Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One Word Challenge

I have choosen the word Accomplish as my word for the AEzine Newsletter one word challenge for 2007. You can read more about it on Ali Edwards's blog.

Accomplish

Main Entry: ac·com·plish
Pronunciation: &-'käm-plish, -'k&m-
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English accomplisshen, from Anglo-French accompliss-, stem of accomplir, from Vulgar Latin *accomplEre, from Latin ad- + complEre to fill up -- more at COMPLETE
1 : to bring about (a result) by effort
2 : to bring to completion : FULFILL
3 : to succeed in reaching (a stage in a progression)
4 archaic a : to equip thoroughly b : PERFECT
synonym see PERFORM
- ac·com·plish·able /-pli-sh&-b&l/ adjective
- ac·com·plish·er noun

**************************************************

What does this mean to me? I am going to keep track of my accomplishments this year. Even if it is just something little like organizing my scrapbooking room. I tend to see all the things I can't do or have not been able to do mostly because of my back injury. So I think this will be really positive for me to see what I have accomplished this year.

3 Comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like a great choice for you and to lead to a positive outlook on things! I just finally blogged about this today myself!

Anonymous said...

great word!! here's to you and accomplishing whatever goal you have - big or small.

Anonymous said...

You've accomplished amazing things already... and we are only two months into the year.
You go girl.
Marny