Saturday, September 23, 2006

First Day of Fall


Fall is definitely here in our town. We had a huge wind storm yesterday and all last night. Our yard is covered with leaves and pine needles. Our dog Didj got to sleep inside for the first time since last winter. We should have our wood stove installed and burning in the next few weeks. Our house is going to be nice and toasty this winter and I know it is going to be good for both of our backs.

Fall is my favorite season and living here we get to enjoy the change of seasons. I love the light at this time of year, the long shadows, that golden glow. It is such great light for photographing. I just need to get out there and do it. This photo is from one of John's trees in the front yard. Last year it was eaten by deer but it has grown a good three feet since.

1 Comment:

Maureen said...

Beautiful photo! I love fall too.