Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Visiting Southern California

John and I flew into Southern CA on Saturday morning for the Neuschafer Family Reunion. We had a really nice time visiting with my family. This was the first reunion I have been able to attend since my back got really bad about 5 years ago. It has been years since I have seen a lot of my family. I think we had about 50 people at the reunion and this was the biggest reunion we have had yet.

Of course, I made everyone pose for a family portrait. Once I get home I will post the photos. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit with everyone. I did get to spend time with some of my cousins and I really enjoyed taking with them.

After the reunion we stayed the night with John's mom. We had a very short visit then the next morning I drove John back to the airport. I spent the whole day with Jeff, Martha and the kids. I absolutely adore those kids, they are so sweet.

Yesterday afternoon I drove down to my mom's. I visited with Aunt Linda and Uncle Rudy while my mom was still at work. Aunt Linda and I went through tons of old photos and didn't even make a dint in the boxes and boxes of photos we planned to go through. My mom and cousin Mendy joined us after they got off work and Linda made us dinner. We had a really nice visit. It has been so long since Mendy and I have been able to just hang out together and talk. I stayed at Mom's last night and after all I have been doing the last few days my back was a mess today.

I went with my mom to see the surgeon this morning and of course he said she needs surgery to remove her gallbladder. I am sure it will be done in the next few weeks. I am planning on flying back here to help her after her surgery.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

hey traci its mendy's daghter I had soooooo much fun with you at the reunion
<3 (love) you much xoxoxoxo